Covid-19 brought tech closer to our lives, dramatically changing the role of CTOs in startups to greater complexity and impact. With increased reliance on tech, hiring qualified software developers has become a significant challenge for tech businesses due to the high demand and limited talent pool in an expensive market.
Many CTOs are now turning to nearshore outsourcing as a solution. Working with a nearshore development team means you delegate software development to talented software engineers in close geographical proximity to your country. CTOS looking to scale up their software development capacity, can benefit from nearshoring because it gives them access to top tech talent from neighboring regions at a significantly lower price. Time zone alignment means that your teams work together more effectively and efficiently.
Read on for more on how your startup can benefit from a reliable nearshore development team.
In this article:
Innovate and Cut Costs with Nearshore Development Teams
Nearshore outsourcing combines the best features of onshore and offshore software development by giving your tech business instant and cost-efficient access to top tech talent. Here are the benefits of this outsourcing model:
Interested in hiring a nearshore partner with access to LatAm’s top tech talent? Contact TECLA today.
Why Effective Communication Is Important for Successful Projects
Setting up a nearshore software development team requires careful planning and coordination to ensure everyone is on the same page and working towards the same goals. So, your in-house and nearshore teams must collaborate successfully to achieve project objectives and ensure customer satisfaction. If there’s a rift between the onshore and offshore staff, developers may forge ahead and work on the project without consulting each other, leading to problems and costly rework. Here are the best practices for a successful collaboration:
- Define strategic goals- Your in-house team and extended developers must be on the same page. Be very clear on your goals and requirements. An example of a clear goal is monetizing an app to earn $10,000 monthly in three months.
- Identifying key business objectives- Break down your goals into objectives because they will determine the daily tasks and milestones your nearshore team must accomplish.
- Focusing on project requirements- How many team members do you want on your project? Who do you want on your team? How do you want your project to be approached? Is it through waterfall, Agile, or other project management methodologies? Make your project specifications clear from the get-go.
- Communication channels- It is important to establish regular communication channels when your team is located remotely. You can use channels like Confluence, Microsoft Teams, Slack, and email for efficient and transparent communication. The more visibility you offer the nearshore team, the higher the chances for your project to be delivered successfully, on time, and with the anticipated outcomes.
- Define the roles, responsibilities, and expectations of each team member, as well as the tools, processes, and methodologies that will be used. Ema members need to understand their tasks and specific and measurable performance indicators. What particular KPIs will you use to assess their performance? Clear KPIs have been linked to better job satisfaction and work engagement. So, getting this right ensures a productive relationship with the nearshore team.
- Ensure a shared sense of purpose and direction- Ensure that both teams have a common purpose and are on the same track to achieve your business goals. Most importantly, let them work independently without micromanaging their every move. This can reduce morale, demotivate your team, and slow down your project since the whole team depends on you.
Implementing Remote-Friendly Work Practices
Now that you’ve identified the right nearshore team to work with, the next thing to do is to implement remote-friendly work practices. Understandably, working with a remote team has many challenges, including cultural differences, communication barriers, remote troubleshooting, legal issues, security issues, and more. Here’s how you can overcome them:
- Addressing cultural differences- While there are a few cultural nuances when working with Latam developers, cross-cultural training is essential to ensure the project flows smoothly.
- Overcoming communication barriers- You can utilize training tools to enhance remote communication. For example, TECLA has an all-in-one platform specifically created to train nearshore team members and ease cultural and language barriers, making communication easier.
- Address legal and regulatory compliance issues- Have proper contracts in place to minimize legal risks. The contracts should hash out all the information linked to access to sensitive information, payment, and any other legalities. Also, let your legal team review agreements before signing if you choose to use them. They include Master Services Agreements(MSAs), Service Level Agreements(SLAs), Non-Disclosure Agreements(NDAs), and more.
Choosing the Right Partner to Build Your Ideal Nearshore Development Team
Finding the right nearshore software development company can be challenging. Most companies may not understand your business and tech requirements, embrace the product roadmap, and help you achieve it. Also, you’re entrusting them with your software’s source code, so at the very least, you must verify that you’re dealing with a thoroughly vetted and trustworthy partner. That means you’ll have to research and follow the proper guidelines. Here are the steps to take:
TECLA is a trustworthy nearshore software outsourcing partner committed to accelerating your growth with top developer talent on demand. 300+ Tech companies from the U.S. have trusted our nearshore staff augmentation service and for good reason. We have a team of over 40,000 LatAm pre-vetted senior developers fluent in English and in your time zone. Also, we’ll handle everything for you, from legal, HR, payroll, and more, as you focus on scaling your tech. Interview top developers and scale your team in a matter of days with zero risk, thanks to TECLA’s 14-day trial period and a 90-day guarantee.
Book a call with TECLA today to scale your in-house development team.