Unfortunately, this job has already been closed. Please check out other opportunities on our job board. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
This job has been paused by the company
We wanted to let you know that, at this time, the company is not accepting any more applications. The company and its hiring team have decided to pause the process for the time being. This can be due to several factors ranging from having too many candidates already, to re-evaluating the role being offered.
We will have more updates soon.
In 2007, two software engineers and serial entrepreneurs founded ezCater. ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and valued at over $1 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us
We’re looking for smart, friendly, and collaborative technologists to help us reach our technology goals and shape our remote working experience. These include decomposing our existing platform into micro-services and building new products, like ezManage, from the ground up.
ezCater values technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to better the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage Rails, React, and GraphQL to build new features, applications, and services as we continually expand
- React to customer and business requests by evolving our existing products (desktop and mobile).
- Improve performance at every chance you get (we believe speed itself is a feature).
- Evolve the user experience based on A/B test results, Google Analytics data, and customer feedback.
- Tackle exciting scale challenges.
- Help us work out the kinks and create a seamless remote work experience.
- 5+ years of professional web development experience, ideally using Ruby on Rails
- Solid SQL / relational database experience (Postgres is a plus but not required)
- A strong appetite for learning and an ability to leverage what you learn to make our products better
- A friendly, flexible, and pragmatic disposition
- Significant experience working remotely. You understand the challenges and the needs (technical and cultural) for an organization to make remote workers successful. Lastly, you have the grit and the patience to remain productive and positive while we perfect this.
Only candidates from
Intermediate or advanced spoken English is required for ALL opportunities. If you can't speak English yet, please keep practicing and apply in the future.