Unfortunately, this job has already been closed. Please check out other opportunities on our job board. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has been paused by the company
We wanted to let you know that, at this time, the company is not accepting any more applications. The company and its hiring team have decided to pause the process for the time being. This can be due to several factors ranging from having too many candidates already, to re-evaluating the role being offered.
We will have more updates soon.
For this search, we are working with a wing of the world's largest freelancing website. This is a startup backed by a large company.
Our client is constantly expanding and allowing businesses to get more done with their network, made of professionals who want to break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love.
This company is creating economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits and they want you to be part of it.
Their work culture is based on collaborating contributors from around the world. If you're someone who likes that kind of freedom, then you'll love working with them.
About The Role:
- You will architect, design, code and document complex software systems, and features.
- You're free to manage where and when you work. We only ask that you be available between 8-11 -Pacific Time for meetings.
- This is a long-term remote position requiring ~40 hour per week and ~160 hours per month (Full Time)
- Love markup creating elegant user experiences.
- Value simplicity, and scalable software engineering.
- Have a desire to learn new technologies and continually develop your professional skills.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English
- Excellent understanding of web markup, using HTML5 and CSS3 (5+ years)
- Excellent understanding of server-side development, PHP, Java, Python, Ruby, etc (5+ years)
- Extensive experience with testing frameworks (eg PHPUnit as well as JS-based).
- REST experience. You'll be building a front-end that talks to a (backend) RESTful API.
- Comfortable working with AWS.
- Experience with Vue.js
- Working with A/B Tests
- Experience building / supporting high load web-applications and solving scalability issues.
- Development of reusable elements, components, code and libraries in PHP
- Implementation of A/B tests
- Writing supporting documentation
- Code reviews
- Cross-team communication and collaboration
- Reduction of technical debt
- Bug fixing and maintenance
Only candidates from
United States, Canada, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Uruguay
Intermediate or advanced spoken English is required for ALL opportunities. If you can't speak English yet, please keep practicing and apply in the future.