Unfortunately, this job has already been closed. Please check out other opportunities on our job board. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has been paused by the company
We wanted to let you know that, at this time, the company is not accepting any more applications. The company and its hiring team have decided to pause the process for the time being. This can be due to several factors ranging from having too many candidates already, to re-evaluating the role being offered.
We will have more updates soon.
Our client specializes in deep learning and visual domain machine learning at scale.
They have a team of scientists and engineers scale solutions for top global companies and their mission is to build and operate massively scalable systems to tackle some of today's hardest problems.
Decades of software and ML expertise, have given valuable clients, helping them to build some of the most widely used products in the world.
The hCaptcha security team is responsible for designing mitigations for broad classes of bugs. You will be our first application engineer providing internal security support and developing some of our security projects to block bots. Because of the nature of hCaptcha's product, security, availability, and privacy are core mission goals. Through a practice of DevSecOps, we use state of the art tools, maintain the infrastructure that supports our efforts, and empower business and development to move quickly without compromising on safety for our millions of daily users.
- Work on our production code. We have many security-related features you will help to improve, including state-of-the-art applications of ML to the security domain.
- Inform the techniques of how our code is built through this experience. This can include adding scanners, fuzzers, or other automatic analysis or improving processes. The goal is to develop new techniques to ensure engineering teams find flaws before they are introduced into production.
- Be a security subject matter expert and respond to any security engineering question. Provide on the job training on new security technologies and techniques.
- Work with engineering teams to design solutions that are inherently secure.
- Correctly balance security risk and product advancement.
- Participate in software security initiatives.
- Participate in threat modeling discussions.
- Evaluate the security posture of existing applications.
We’re Looking For Someone Who Has:
- Familiarity with Kubernetes will also be helpful.
- Familiarity with common fuzzers, and ideally experience deploying them in a CI/CD pipeline.
- A knack for finding flaws in software and can efficiently communicate how to fix them.
- Strong communication skills and is accustomed to working closely with a product team.
- Doesn’t always default to industry norms when solving a problem.
- An ability to think like an attacker to develop threat models.
- Has designed and implemented mitigations for common classes of bugs.
- Nice to have: experience with SOC-2 Type 2 compliance.
Only candidates from
Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Uruguay
Intermediate or advanced spoken English is required for ALL opportunities. If you can't speak English yet, please keep practicing and apply in the future.