Unfortunately, this job has already been closed. Please check out other opportunities on our job board. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has been paused by the company
We wanted to let you know that, at this time, the company is not accepting any more applications. The company and its hiring team have decided to pause the process for the time being. This can be due to several factors ranging from having too many candidates already, to re-evaluating the role being offered.
We will have more updates soon.
Our client is building the next generation of digital banking which puts the customer at the centre of everything they do. They have a dedicated customer care team attempt to guide all users through their system and help them unlock their pocket potential.
Knowing that traditional banks can't serve the majority of emerging markets, they are committed to helping the people the banks ignore using smartphone data to risk model users.
With smartphone penetration growing rapidly in all fronts due to the cheap availability of devices it has created a new opportunity for the worlds unbanked to move towards safe, formal sources of credit.
Their mission is to build intelligent financing for the connected world
* NOTE: This is an on-site opportunity so, the job is available only for candidates currently residing in Mexico City.
The company is looking for a Data Scientist with an Engineering background that will help them discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help them make smarter decisions to deliver even better products.
Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with their products.
Their most complex system is their risk model, your day to day will include feature generation and model training using machine learning techniques, developing A/B testing procedures, implementing automated model retraining and creating new projects based on your findings.
You will be working with a small, but highly technical team. The platform has 250k users and works to ensure continuous uptime and constant improvement. We train and deploy new machine learning models regularly and subscribe to data-driven decision making, you will not be just an implementer, but a valued opinion at the table.
* Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
* Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
* Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
* Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
* Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
* Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
* Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Skills and Qualifications
* At least 3 years of recent hands-on coding and data science
* A track record of projects completed on time – you are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator
* You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges
* Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
* Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
* Experience with machine learning frameworks such as Scikit-Learn and Tensorflow
* Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, Matplotlib etc.
* Experience with relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL etc.
* Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
* Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
* Good scripting and programming skills are a bonus
* Data-oriented personality
* Great communication skills
Only candidates from
Intermediate or advanced spoken English is required for ALL opportunities. If you can't speak English yet, please keep practicing and apply in the future.