Unfortunately, this job has already been closed. Please check out other opportunities on our job board. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has been paused by the company
We wanted to let you know that, at this time, the company is not accepting any more applications. The company and its hiring team have decided to pause the process for the time being. This can be due to several factors ranging from having too many candidates already, to re-evaluating the role being offered.
We will have more updates soon.
Our client is a software consultancy that believes in using simple tools to solve problems. They build custom systems for both startups and enterprises. Their main offices are in Los Angeles and New York, but they work remotely with people from all around the world.
They believe in innovation and they are an engineering company that advises clients on product strategy, engineering, design, and culture, then partners with them to build and launch technology-driven solutions to their most complex problems.
Do you enjoy collaborating in a consultative environment and guiding people using best practices to achieve great results? Do you want to influence and contribute to the growth of a high performing, quality focused team? If so, our client wants to know more about you!
What would your responsibilities be?
- Architect and build web applications using Ruby.
- Be a leader-contributor on a team creating a distributed system that will change the way people shop and interact in a retail environment.
- Collaborate with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build products.
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a remote, distributed team environment.
- Guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success.
- 5 + years of professional experience.
- Strong server side development experience utilizing Ruby outside and within the Rails environment
- Previous remote work experience.
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams.
- Possess a passion for software development.
- Possess a drive to get things done.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous consulting experience.
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Pacific Time Zone - UTC -7. Please note that this is mandatory.
Only candidates from
United States, Canada, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Uruguay
Intermediate or advanced spoken English is required for ALL opportunities. If you can't speak English yet, please keep practicing and apply in the future.