Unfortunately, this job has already been closed. Please check out other opportunities on our job board. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has been paused by the company
We wanted to let you know that, at this time, the company is not accepting any more applications. The company and its hiring team have decided to pause the process for the time being. This can be due to several factors ranging from having too many candidates already, to re-evaluating the role being offered.
We will have more updates soon.
Our client is a software consultancy that believes in using simple tools to solve problems. They build custom systems for both startups and enterprises. Their main offices are in Los Angeles and New York, but they work remotely with people from all around the world.
They believe in innovation and they are an engineering company that advises clients on product strategy, engineering, design, and culture, then partners with them to build and launch technology-driven solutions to their most complex problems.
Do you enjoy collaborating in a consultative environment and guiding people using best practices to achieve great results? Do you want to influence and contribute to the growth of a high performing, quality focused team? If so, our client wants to know more about you!
What would your responsibilities be?
- Architect components and build distributed systems, APIs, and web applications.
- Write lots of high performing Go (golang)
- Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, fault-tolerant storage, distributed queuing.
- Build high quality, well-designed, and scalable SaaS platform.
- Work with Docker, Kubernetes, and NoSQL databases.
- Work with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build features and products.
- Participate in code and design reviews, teaching and learning from other engineers.
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a collaborative and distributed team.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- 2+ years working with Go and 3+ with at least one other programming language.
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams.
- Possess a passion for software development.
- Possess a drive to get things done.
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Open-minded and demonstrates a passion for continuously learning.
- Possess a strong and reliable Internet connection.
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Pacific Time Zone - UTC - 8. Please note that this is mandatory.
Skills that would be nice to have:
- Previous consulting experience.
- Experience building service-oriented architectures.
- Experience building non-REST APIs such as GraphQL.
Only candidates from
United States, Canada, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Uruguay, Guatemala
Intermediate or advanced spoken English is required for ALL opportunities. If you can't speak English yet, please keep practicing and apply in the future.