Unfortunately, this job has already been closed. Please check out other opportunities on our job board. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
This job has been paused by the company
We wanted to let you know that, at this time, the company is not accepting any more applications. The company and its hiring team have decided to pause the process for the time being. This can be due to several factors ranging from having too many candidates already, to re-evaluating the role being offered.
We will have more updates soon.
Our client's mission is to foster a materials data ecosystem that accelerates breakthroughs in development and manufacturing, enabling a more efficient, sustainable world.
They are leaders in materials informatics, creating materials will enable the next generation of products that make up the world around us like cars, phones, and solar panels.
Right now they are building a next-generation platform for materials data from the ground up, and it harnesses the power of AI to bring new materials to market faster, and capture materials-enabled product value.
Though their technology was originally built by materials scientists, their team now consists of professionals trained in a diverse set of fields, including data science, physics, biology, and computer science. They have offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, and Pittsburgh, and their customers include Fortune 1000 materials and product companies.
You will collaborate with amazing engineers and scientists on user-facing product features that help our customers achieve incredible research breakthroughs.
Projects you’ll work on:
● The next-generation platform for empowering scientists with our client's AI, guiding experimental design to accelerate discovery and lead to research breakthroughs.
● A system for sharing and managing materials data across an enterprise’s researchers, with the goal of fostering collaboration between scientists, reducing experimental waste, and aiding in the management of R&D projects.
● Complex analysis & visualizations that allow their users to gain deeper insights into their data.
What you’ll do:
● Build backend services to support product features on the platform they use that puts their core technology in the hands of scientists
● Deploy and support your software & infrastructure in production
● Collaborate closely with other engineers, frequently reviewing code and discussing architecture
● Mentor other developers
● Design high-performance, scalable systems
● Test & analyze the impact and performance of your software
● Work in a multi-functional team on features from concept to delivery
● BS in Computer Science or similar technical field of study, or equivalent industry experience
● +5 years of experience writing production software in a team environment
● +1 year of remote engineering experience.
● Scala, Python.
● PostgreSQL, Redis, AWS DynamoDB.
● AWS Compute Services (EC2, ECS, Fargate, Batch)
● Excellent Linux fundamentals.
● Familiarity with containerization / Docker.
● Experience using and automating AWS.
● A background in physical science.
This is a really exciting role for very senior developers because it offers the rare opportunity to collaborate with applied scientists at the leading edge of statistical learning theory and application.
Only candidates from
Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Uruguay
Intermediate or advanced spoken English is required for ALL opportunities. If you can't speak English yet, please keep practicing and apply in the future.